April 23, 2009

French Toast for breakfast

The thing about waking up early in the morning is that...I have to eat breakfast. Unlike last time where I wake up just in time for class and just run off without breakfast...I get hungry and...distracted :P Lunchtime is 3-4 hours away...and I dun think I can tahan till then...hahaha.

So French Toast is on the menu today. Unlike last time where I serba tak cukup ingredients (I had to manually ketuk a cinnamon stick cuz I dun have cinnamon powder...I thought Amran forgot to bring his back..damn)...this time I actually have all the ingredients on the shelf...hee..

So here's a recipe of one of the nicest, most fragrant french toast I've ever had, home made (aunt's one still rawks with 'mee koo' tho..mmm rindu)

  • 1 egg
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
  • dash nutmeg powder
  • 8 slices French bread, sliced on diagonal
**recipe requires 1 whole egg, and 2 egg whites....I just used 2 whole eggs to save all the trouble of having 2 extra yolks not knowing what I'll do with them later

1. Whisk egg until foamy.
2. Whisk in the milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
3. Heat up butter in non-stick pan. I used slow fire to prevent burning the bread.
4. Dip bread into mixture, coat thoroughly, and place them into heated pan. Cook until nicely browned.
5. Serve with maple syrup or honey. Jams will do too I think (thinks of blueberry jam..mmm). If you're not eating it immediately, keep warm in oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment