January 5, 2009

The Last 10 Days

As much as the bunch of us are looking forward to the end of our industrial training, I just have to say that the last 10 days wun be as easy as we thought it would be.

To begin with, our company seem to have gotten a new guy (another branch) and has been emailing us everyday asking us to change this and that and rushing us to finish our projects. As much as I'd like to finish them all fast, all of us are just interns. Not only are we kinda short at manpower, our lack of experience with php coding as well as OSCommerce really doesn't help.

Starting this Monday, each of us interns will be assigned another new intern to be guided to take over our place, for both UG and Express. From what I heard, none of them are 'well versed' in php either (at least one of them that I've met last Friday knows photoshop and html so I guess she'll catch up pretty fast)...well...at least they know programming so that helps I guess.

Most of my friends have (and will) told me "New slaves!" but really...I don't really see that coming. As of last (shitty) Friday, my mailbox is trashed by my boss with urgent tasks, as well as tasks that is to be followed up as soon as I finish the urgent ones...I kinda think he forgot the other 2 interns existed just because they took the day off the other day...meh. So...how exactly are we gonna let them do some hands on training, if we ourself (being the blur and 'trial-and-error' us) need to rush those other tasks first? I'm talking bout 6 interns on 3 PCs...when you're supposed to be doing something that heavily (if not fully) depend on PCs and internet connection....well..I guess some ppl would say "Well at least u get to chill a little in betweens...."

The worst part of all this, having to share computer, also means I don't think I'll get to chat and surf as freely as I used to anymore for these last 10 days...well not that I do that very often either but... Pft...heck I haven't even had the chance to open my facebook last week...

Well I guess all this doesn't come without a brighter side of things:- at least after these 10 days, we won't have to be the ones dealing with the crap our current projects are throwing at us. Heh. All that being said tho, I actually do enjoy what I'm working on....well...minus the crap and the awful-toned emails and the bus waiting...and my boss is actually a very nice person.

Well...Happy Monday, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment