December 8, 2010

Daorae, Melaka Raya


I've always wanted to take QJ to Daorae. I've constantly raved about how good it was everytime after I go there with Shindee (and every single time I go with her, I'd complain of being too full :P ).

One of the last trips there, we noticed that Daorae had opened in Melaka Raya. Awesomeness! Now I didn't have to wait till he comes to Penang/PJ to bring him makan. /gringringrin!


As usual, we lingered at home watched some shows and spent too much time at home...and finally decided to head to Daorae around 4+. Stopped by to get my bus tix back but realised that I forgot to bring my hp (fml). Turned back then head to Daorae and got there around 5.30. Thankfully, we didn't get there earlier. They stop for break around 3-5pm.


The sucky thing bout being one of the first few customers after they re-open for dinner, is that some of the food is 'stale'. The nice hot steamed egg, is stone cold. Yuk. It should be hot, steaming, and awesome!


We ordered 2 pork BBQ meat (the man loves his meats) and bibimbap. We ordered Daeji Gal-bi (pork ribs marinated in special sweet soy sauce) and Go-chu-jang Sam-kyub-sal (thin sliced pork belly marinated in Korean traditional chili sauce). No I can't remember the names. Go here for the menu, at the bottom of the blog entry. What I like best bout BBQ meals in Daorae (all branches) is, it comes with free flow of 'meat wrapping' vegetables. Some other restaurants will charge us for 'refills'.

Eventho there's just 2 of us, they weren't kiamsiap with the amount of side dishes (banchan) given. In fact, there was too much 


The dolsot bibimbap felt a lil different. Still delicious but I felt that the one I had at Tanjung Tokong branch was better.

Too bad we didn't have much time to really enjoy the food. Had to rush off to Pahlawan to watch Harry Potter. Couldn't finish most of the 'banchan'. We'd go back again, this time we'll prolly skip the bibimbap, have some Kimchi soup instead. Took my family there once last time and they seemed to enjoy the Dak Maeun-tang (chicken, potato and fresh vege in spicy chicken broth)..tho I personally think that its only so-so.

All this talk is making me crave Kimchi soup with luncheon meat, sausage, and noodle. Geh.

Daorae Melaka Raya,
No. 100 Taman Melaka Raya
Melaka 75000
(Corner lot first floor, opposite Fenix Inn Melaka, and Dataran Pahlawan GSC side entrance)

GPS: 2.189405,102.253321

Tel: 606-2850145

Opening hours: 11:30am - 3pm, 5:30pm - 11pm daily


2 comments:

QJ Wong said...

Omg reading this after skipping lunch is A VERY BAD IDEA.

Volvoxx said...

^^;;; giggle

Post a Comment