November 30, 2010

Pak Putra Tandoori

Melaka is famous for many things. Satay Celup, Chicken rice balls, Tan Kim Hock products etc etc...but Tandoori would not be one of them.


Not until you've tasted Pak Putra's chicken tandoori of course ;)




A couple of friends of mine brought me to Pak Putra some years back and until this day, Pak Putra remains as my #1 most favourite place for tandoori chicken. Heck, I don't even bother trying out tandoori from other restaurants (not unless someone says its good of course). Probably the only other tandoori chicken I usually eat are the ones I make for the usual BBQ sessions. Tesco tandoori seasoning rawks.


QJ mentioned that these days, if they don't go early enough, they'll run out of birds. And I remembered last time when I was still in Melaka, we'd go for midnight merdeka 'yumcha' and still order some good food.


Yummy cheese naan, perfect to go with the delicious juicy tender tandoori chicken. We tried triple cheese naan once. Almost died. Too jelak. :P
 

The awesome awesome platter of tandoori chicken. (I'm sure QJ is salivating while reading this post ;P)

This is another 'must order'. Palak paneer. Spinach in cottage cheese. QJ and I will order this every time we go there. :9

Pak Putra do serve many other northern Indian food and they're really good too but since we don't go there often enough, we tend to stick to our favourites most of the time :) 

Tho tandoori chicken and naan isn't really one of the best things about Melaka, I would not hesitate to bring my guests to this place whenever I bring my family and friends there.



4 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

Heh! This place is getting a lot of hype. LOL.

You should try Jason Naan (potato + garlic + onion + cheese + egg) :D

Volvoxx said...

Your own recipe ke? LOL! Do they actually do that? Interesting... Sounds kenyang by itself!

kiddokun said...

Ah...Pak Putra. You can never go wrong with it.

Volvoxx said...

Yep :9

Post a Comment