Salad with Mayonnaise and Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Posted by Volvoxx On November - 21 - 2009

Out of ideas of what to cook for dinner? Dining alone? Salad makes an awesome, simple meal for one, or side dish for two or more!

Instant Tiramisu / Happy Birthday Dad

Posted by Volvoxx On October - 27 - 2009

My two nieces are more than happy to celebrate their grandfather's Birthday with him

Soya Bean Milk

Posted by Volvoxx On October - 22 - 2009

Ever wanted to try making your own soyabean milk? Check it out!

Baked Macaroni Cheese

Posted by Volvoxx On October - 12 - 2009

Fancy some simple satisfying Baked Macaroni Cheese at home? Check out this recipe.

Fish Chip with Beer Batter.

Posted by Volvoxx On October - 10 - 2009

An attempt in making Fish Chip with beer batter...while forcing QJ to consume fish :P

The end of sem 'pick-a-kitteh' syndrome.

Posted by Volvoxx On October - 09 - 2009

Kittens will mysteriously appear at our doorstep come semester break. This time, its happening again. A cute, manja, noisy kitten visits 391D.

Microwave maggi

by Volvoxx On November 23, 2010 11:55 AM
I was never a fan of maggi noodles cooked using microwave oven. Sis and I were pretty 'perak' la last time when we first bought a microwave oven for the house. We made maggi tomyam using the microwave..and it sucked big time. We never went back after dat day.

Year later, I saw my colleague cooking maggi curry noodles using microwave. Surprised, I asked her if it was nice, cuz my previous attempt had failed miserably (and we got icky noodles). She said it tasted the same as if cooked on fire. Curious, I asked her how she did it. She said to make sure to use hot water for the noodles (I had used tap water I think :P ) to be cooked in the microwave.

I tried that several days later and to my surprise, the exact same noodle, didn't taste as bad as it did years ago. In fact, it was actually quite good! So yeah, hot water for noodles if you want to microwave them. Crack in an egg if you want.


p/s: some of you might just go "Well DUH!" ...hahaha. Well what can I say. I still prefer my noodles cooked on the pot when I can help it.

0 Response to "Microwave maggi"

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Comments