November 23, 2010

Microwave maggi

I was never a fan of maggi noodles cooked using microwave oven. Sis and I were pretty 'perak' la last time when we first bought a microwave oven for the house. We made maggi tomyam using the microwave..and it sucked big time. We never went back after dat day.

Year later, I saw my colleague cooking maggi curry noodles using microwave. Surprised, I asked her if it was nice, cuz my previous attempt had failed miserably (and we got icky noodles). She said it tasted the same as if cooked on fire. Curious, I asked her how she did it. She said to make sure to use hot water for the noodles (I had used tap water I think :P ) to be cooked in the microwave.

I tried that several days later and to my surprise, the exact same noodle, didn't taste as bad as it did years ago. In fact, it was actually quite good! So yeah, hot water for noodles if you want to microwave them. Crack in an egg if you want.


p/s: some of you might just go "Well DUH!" ...hahaha. Well what can I say. I still prefer my noodles cooked on the pot when I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment