November 25, 2010

Swedish Meatballs and Spaghetti


Flavours magazine (by The Star) tend to have very interesting recipes come festive season. Big sis buys them regularly so I get to browse thru them (and steal recipes from her) while I'm at her place.Since I'm working now (and feeling a lil splurgy since I haven't bought any recipe books for awhile now *hint hint* ), I decided to buy this festive month's edition.


There's quite a few number of interesting recipes in there this month. Swedish meatballs (omg Ikea's yummilicius meatballs) is one of them. There's also this very sedap looking recipe of Turducken - Turkey stuffed with Duck stuffed with Chicken. Looks so damn sedap giler babi but it says it'll take about 2 hours (depending on skill) just to debone the 3 birds. Hummmm.........and turkey's rather expensive. Maybe I'll just stick to 'Ducken' this year...or just roast pork :9 yum!

Anyways! Back to the balls. Decided to try out the recipe since I had minced pork and leftover beef (from Beef bourguignon the other day. Julia Child's recipe)...and it's rather rare that I have these two meats at the same time. I didn't have breadcrumb, but I took the wholemeal bread that bro bought, toasted it, and blended it... :P kinda worked, I guess. Haha! The other ingredients (milk, salt, pepper, egg) are also ready so I decided to just give it a go. Made spaghetti sauce too, so that I can have the meatballs with spaghetti.

Spent about an hour plus (after a tiring day at work) but it was well worth it. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment