December 23, 2010

Christmas at Straits Quay 2010

Talk about first impression. This is the view that will greet you upon getting to Straits Quay. My jaw dropped when I saw this. It was BEAUTIFUL!


I had heard that there was a new hangout spot in Penang. Decided to check it out since it was quite near my place (and bro was equally 'kaypoh' too :P)

The whole place had a 'colonial' feel to it. It is afterall, E&O's project. First 2 floors are to be malls and diners, whilst the upper levels are to be residential. Hotel/service apartment? I'm...not quite sure. 

This tree, is HUGE. At least 10 times the height of my tree at home (and ours is pretty tall already)


It looks even better after sundown.

These candy displays....my nieces went NUTS when they saw this! The smaller one even wanted to cabut the lolipop out and tapau balik :P

Donuts

Waffles and Ice Cream

Lolipop and more ice cream!


This kinda look like a train station...what it lacks is, well, a rail track and trains :P

View of the main concourse area



Centercourt inside

View outside the mall at the back facing the sea


There's quite a number of restaurants here (and they look pretty good!). Finnegan's (the one in Mid Valley) is here. Blue reef (they serve very nice beer batter fish chips - the ones I had on my birthday with my bro and sis) is also here. I heard there's a German restaurant (I hadn't walked to the other end yet, even tho I've been there 3 times :P ), and there's also another Irish bar opening soon. There's also an Italian restaurant, and a Chinese restaurant specializing in duck (Cheeky Duck or sumthing). If you wanna go on a bit of a budget trip, there's Subway upstairs for your Sub of the day. Secret Recipe and Dome (soon Starbucks) is thee too.

They're still working on something at the waterfront area. Thankfully when I went there, they hadn't started bringing in the machines towards the center area.

I hasn't had time to go Queensbay yet. I heard they have some Barbie doll...thingy there. Looks pretty nice actually but, we'll see if I'll manage to find some time to go there before they take their decorations down.


This one, wins my vote for "Best Mall Decoration for 2010" 
:3

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment