August 6, 2009

Makes me smile...

Went to bed last nite somehow sensing that it would rain in the morning....

Woke up in the morning...to an unexpectedly heavy storm. Rain yes...but so heavy? Ah well not that it matters to me. Rain+sleep=nice.

Got up to open the door for Loo Mun. She came over to settle some stuff so needed a place to freshen up and hang around until her ride comes later at noon. Catch up a bit on stuff before she left with her friends...then QJ and I walked to have vegetarian lunch (since he had to be vegetarian today...or at least to the best that he can :P)

Came back and slept the evening off since it was still so nice and cold (that and the fact that I played Shin Megami Tensei on my DS till 5am earlier)...woke up to see that it was all hazy outside the house. Worst I've seen of Melaka yet....and the wtf part is that...it just rained buckets in the morning! Geh....the smokey smell is just so bleh.

Freshen up and waited for Yeap to go dinner+movie. Wanted to go MBO since I wanted to finish whatever credit's left in my member's card (if any)...but only to find a very dead Melaka Mall. At first I thought that the place really died off so much since GSC Dataran Pahlawan opened...but was later told by the mall staff that the mall is closed at the moment cuz....blackout. LOL! Apparently the 'flood' caused it. We didn't see any flood at the time but heck...its been hours since the morning storm.

So....its off to Pahlawan for us since QJ really wanted to watch GI Joe...got our tix then went Wok and Pan for dinner....Bumped into Yii, another one of QJ's 'Magic kaki' there and he laughed at the coincidence of us meeting there...and more so at the fact that we ended up there because of MBO's blackout.

Decided to have pork chop and Yeap belanja fish and chips to share amongst us (the fish so thin!). Was a really satisfying dinner but I had expected more of them...thanks to reviews I hear here and there. But for that price and the portion and right smack in town...it was good... Nadeje's just opposite but...enuff splurgies for today ;P ...At least now I know exactly where these 2 places are.

GI Joe was good...especially so since I wasn't expecting anything out of it (dah la din know storyline at all :P) ....the 'tech' was very impressive... (interactive holographic? wa...)....the usual dose of 'good guys chasing bad guys' scene was really good...better so that they didn't forget to pack in some chuckles :P (yeah no one reads manuals anymore these days...kekeke)

Ahh...was such good day :3

Sometimes I'm glad that when I look around...there are still friends of ours that don't forget us when there's something good to share...friends that are actually worth my time. And that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment