March 17, 2009

Thank you sir but we can see from here...

I had lab today and I had the impression that it was one of the easier ones among the many many labs I have this sem: the type you go by the manual, simulate with the software, on the spot simple question evaluation and best of all, no report required. Seeing as there were only a few procedures, I figured I could quickly finish it up and go back to sleep revise for my midterm paper tmr.

...but noooo...my very nice lecturer took his time helping some students doing god knows wat on their MATLAB. I mean..wtf don't you understand? The whole experiment only involves copy-pasting the sample code into the editor...and run it. If you want then tweak the variables a bit to see effect of this and that filter etc....ok fine...maybe their MATLAB's gone nuts or sumthing...go help them...I'll just....stare at the monitor waiting for you to proceed since the procedure didn't exactly say what we need to do. 

Then he went to the whiteboard and wrote a line of formula....and then he used the same marker...and shaded over the letters he just drew in repetative circular motion to make the letters fatter. He was scared that a class/lab that only fits 20+ PCs cant see the words on the whiteboard. 

...

Ok fine. Just a line of formula afterall....but nope. He did that on every occasion he needed to write on the whiteboard...and did he take his sweet time doing it. /facepalm ....at first I was kinda ticked at the wasted time but after awhile it just tickled me how he had to do it everytime he wrote sumthing (even trivial notes) on the whiteboard.


Mr lecturer in 'action'..yes he even 'bolded' the graph signal lines...
butter=butterworth filter...not cooking class

Ah but I really shouldn't complain, at least he made sure we can see (lol) and the lab session was understandable. Last time I kena from Ms Cacing Handwriting -math tutor of mine some years ago. Not only that were we unable to comprehend what she was trying to teach, we couldn't even understand what she wrote on the board. She should really go for writing/caligraphy classes before being allowed to be a tutor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owh....I "MISS" Matlab.....

~chiaps

Li Sa said...

That Omar in DSP lab?
well it was fast for me that time. he din bother bolding the things he wrote last time tho.. hm

Post a Comment