March 3, 2009

The girls in my family

Having a family of 3 girls a 1 boy...my father made sure that all her girls were well equipped with the knowledge to know how to handle things by themselves. From fixing minor pipe leakage, replacing lightbulb/tubes or the fuse...to how to take care and maintain the car. When each of us are ready to drive, he'd make sure each and everyone of us know the basic things to check: brake oil, engine oil, battery and radiator water. Also to make sure all 4 tires are nicely filled with air and that the spare one is also filled and ready to be used at all times. That being said, he also made sure we all know how to change tires. He'll show it to us once, and then ask us to do the whole process while he guides us when we're not sure how to proceed.

And for that...I thank him and I'm forever greatful for that knowledge.

Because I can't stand it when anyone who owns and drives a car...goes "What's that?" when I ask if he checked the radiator water lately...or pumped the tyres...or anything like that....especially guys. I know all that and I dun even own a car so you have NO excuse whatsoever that you don't know the basic things you SHOULD know. If your dad doesn't teach you, ask him...otherwise there's always the car manual that will teach u all those stuff...or paling teruk oso ask the mechanic la...they're sure to know. 

Because seriously...if you don't know how to take care of your car (or don't even bother to get it to be taken care of), then you don't deserve to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment