October 20, 2007

Why I Want To Eat At Friday's?

Because I've been there before and the food taste great.

Because I didn't manage to eat the Mud Pie there during my last visit (almost a year ago! Time sure flies!), and sis says its really good.

Because the Sizzling Sauteed Chicken looks awfully delicious.

Because the outlet at The Curve looks too damn cozy.

Because I don't usually get my sister to bring me there (and eat free).

Because I haven't been there with QJ before.

Because the two of us don't get to eat these kinda good food often enough.

Because I wanna bring my him there.


....I can name a dozen more reasons why I wanna eat at Fridays but the real reason would probably be because I wanna have a pleasant dinner with my dearest at somewhere special. That's all.

I've been to Friday's only on a few occasions. The last one being at the (then) new outlet in Queensbay, Penang with my family. The outlet was only a week old and the staff still new. Still, they tried their best to provide us with good service as fast as they could manage. I clearly remember us ordering a seafood meal which was very satisfyingly very fresh. Even sis, who usually don't eat small prawn, liked it. The salmon very 'lemak' too, yum!

Another time there was unforgettable.

It was during one of the trips to KL with mum. We were shopping in One Utama and she surprised me one day by asking if I wanna have TGIF for lunch. Mum, being a 'rice' person, hardly ever choose a western place for meals unless my siblings are bringing us out for a treat. Obviously, it was too good of an offer to pass so I said "lets go!"


We sat down and looked at the menu. After much considering, I decided to settle with one of the burgers. I couldn't remember what my mum ordered but when her meal arrived, I thought they delivered the food to the wrong table. It was nachos chips...topped with a LOT of Mozzarella. My mum, doesn't like cheese. She'll avoid it whenever possible. So it really surprised me that she'd order that dish. Soon, my burger came and we started dining. I noticed that mum was having a little difficulty with her meal and I found out later that, she didn't really know what it was that she ordered. She just thought she'd wanna try it out. LOL! I offered to trade my burger for watever it was that she was having (tho it wasn't very filling). That was one TGIF experience that I'll never be able to forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me also want to go Fridays... :)

Anonymous said...

congrats !

good luck with winning the RM 1 K =)

Post a Comment