October 24, 2007

And there he is...

A loud 'ding-dong' rang in my dream. Still reluctant to dismiss my dream, I snugged deeper into the pillow and the doorbell rang again. "I really should wake up..." I thought to myself as I dragged my sleepy feet out of bed, shivering. I opened the door and saw my aunt. "Wake up ade aaa?" she chimed. I had told her yesterday to wake me up early. I nodded and closed the door as she went back to her room, remembering to switch off the fan on the way back to bed. Dug my way back under the sheets, I stared at the TV which was left on since the night before, blinking constantly to keep myself awake.

I might have dozed off for 15 mins or so, off and on but eventually managed to get out of the cozy warm bed. I pulled down the clothes I wanted to wear from the hanger, and neatly folded the rest and packed them into my bag. Went to the washroom to wash up, and got out to prep. Foundation. Eyeshadow. Mascara. Lipstick. I bit of perfume wouldn't hurt. Afterall, I rarely use them.

My aunt came back, this time using the card-key. I asked her if the rest were ready. "As usual la," which easily translates to "they're still pick-packing the baby's stuffs". I...snugged back under the covers and continued watching the show while my aunt used my water jug to cook noodles. She came back and offered me a cup. Steaming hot tomyam noodles. Lovely.

Bro came around and asked me to help them load the luggage into the car. The moment I stepped into the parking bay, my feet froze and I instantly regretted forgetting to wear my jacket. We checked out and drove down the misty road back to my aunt's place. I checked my cellphone restlessly. Zero connectivity. Damn you maxis, you had to let me down now. Used my aunt's cell and jammed the keys. Good, he knows now. Moments passed as I keep checking my cell for the time and connectivity. "Bit bit bit!" Finally! Line's back. And a message too. Lovely.

I made sure that I was alert throughout the journey as I was my bro's navigator for this trip. I didn't want to end up in Ipoh as the roadsign says. No, not yet at least. Soon, we zoned into familiar grounds and immediately felt more relaxed. I had them drop me at the nearest rail station and ran up to catch the incoming train. I've travelled there before but this time, the journey 'there' seem much longer than usual.

I got off at my stop and texted him. No reply. "Mmm..that's strange." I walked around the stalls there and checked out the directory. "Bit bit bit!" I quickly checked my cell, and giggles at the new message received. I typed a reply and went to get myself some light snacks, while waiting. I strolled around some more and then headed to the railway exit to wait. Large crowd of people stream by the exit as each train left the station. I scanned the faces, a little anxious, excited.
The crowd dispersed and yet still no sign of him. "Maybe the next one," I assured myself.

The 3rd train left the station and the people started streaming down the elevator again. I perk up and starting scanning the crowd again. There were so many people this time. I looked for that familiar warm face and suddenly, there he was. His face light up immediately as he saw me and fastened his pace towards the exit.

"Dearie!" I took his hand in mine, and smiled. He squeezed it.

"Shall we?"

"Where to?"

"Anywhere, doesn't matter when I have you."

No comments:

Post a Comment