October 28, 2008

Day 1: First Impressions

My sis decided to drop me off on my first day...so...yay. No bus for me. :D But that also means that I'll be there at work freakin early.

So freakin early I was. 8am. My office hour's supposed to start at 9. So I thought maybe around 8.30-8.45, someone should already be at the office. I lepak around the front area of the building...took some pics....then head upstairs. Met another intern...and we waited....soon all 5 of us (yes...5 interns together in a rather small office) were there already...and no one to be seen. The door to the building seems to...blank to belong to any company. The ground floor directory's showing a different company name.

It was freakin 9am. No one to be seen...geh.

20 minutes later, a lady came over and opened the door for us. We later found out that she was Linda. Showed us in. Waited awhile summore for another guy to come...give us some form to fill...and hang around doing....nothing. We were assigned to our seats...and later divided into 2 groups. 2 of us were assigned to UG Consultantcy (to do accounting work wtf? Thank goodness I'm with the IT group but still...engineering students doing IT job? Well..not that I'm complaining ;P )

Mr Leong later assigned jobs for the 3 of us. Since I was slighly familiar with HTML, he asked me to update the client's webpage according to the client's request. Neo was given some database job, Tee (the girl's name is almost the same as mine..hee!) was asked to do a banner using Photoshop. First task was quite 'fun' for me actually....quite simple since I only had to edit using company's web builder but I had this problem finding pictures from stock photos that can relate to the client's 'motto' of sort. Adui...~ Took me awhile...pftt!

Later on, I was asked to edit some PHP template. I was like....wtf php? Never learnt that thing...always wanted to but never did! Here's where I start stepping on unfamiliar grounds. I learnt to do slicing with Photoshop (gee if only I figured that out sooner) then using the images to make a web template. Concept of header and footer (using include header.php ..then when u edit the header on one site, the rest will be edited as well...etc etc) and...um...stuff. I gotta admit. I prolly only understand 1/2 - 3/4 of what my boss is teaching me...and when its time to do what I'm tasked to do....I go blank awhile....try my best to regurgitate watever he just told me...managing only to recall 1/2 of what I understood.....and the rest...I just tembak, hoping that what I do is what he wants me to do/the right way to do it. Ah well. The day ended. I THINK I finished what I was supposed to do.

Tmr: Flash

....WTF!


(no I never really touched flash before...only time i TRIED was years ago and it didn't exactly go well)

Well I guess it's a good time to finally learn how to use flash..and actually having someone to teach me to do it. Hope I'm up for it...aih!

Conclusion: Day 1...wasn't so bad afterall. Oh...and food sucked. Wish I had just brought sandwiches and stuffed myself silly.
Add Image
Picture picture...mm...taken using my Nokia 6300...not bad eh? Thanks dearie for hosting it! My hopeless net is...hopeless!


Building where my office is :D Kelana Centre Point


Me after working. Not dead yet! Mwahaha!

p/s: Yes I have a PC at work...
pp/s: Yes I also have net to go with it...tho...I'm still scared stiff to use gmail or anything.
ppp/s: I DO have a personal email there...haha!
pppp/s: We have personal access cards...kekeke! Forgot to bring the 'tali' back. Dang

No comments:

Post a Comment