September 12, 2007

Beware of Firefly! - A review from AsiaExplorer

I suscribe to this site's mailing list, AsiaExplorers, eventho I don't get much chance to travel around Asia. What's so special bout AsiaExplorers? Well, for one, they have special gatherings for certain occasion in Malaysia (or inform us of certain gatherings...eg: Durian fest!) and what they often do is to organize group trips. This site also gives advice for travels in Asia (when's it best to go and where to head to) and reviews of some places that they've been to. If you like travelling, this site is for you.

Anyways....that's not really the main reason I'm writing this post.

Recently got a mail from the mailing list, and would like to share this bit of info...just in case you might terkena 'suey' like FFK (fong fei kei-left behind) by this airline.

...so much for my looking forward for Firefly to fly from Penang to Mlk....cis...

**Note: I did not write the following. If there's any credit, it should go to Tim from AsiaExplorers.

...If you had booked your flight with Malaysia Airlines's low-cost carrier, Firefly, I would encourage you to confirm and reconfirm your booking. I recently booked a flight with Firefly to Phuket this coming weekend, taking advantage of the free seat offer (which isn't really free ... or cheap). I was given a Booking Reference Number. When I called up the next day, I was told that my booking is confirmed.
Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that Firefly does not fly to Phuket on the date of my Booking Confirmation. So I called up the airlines again, and sure enough, was told that the flight on that day was cancelled, and that I was transferred to the flight on a following day. And they did all that without informing me. If I had not called them up to confirm, I could be standing at the checking counter on the wrong day, like a fool.
Lucky for me, I have my accommodation taken care of. Imagine the unfortunate traveller who had his hotel deposit paid, only to find that he is arriving a day later.
If Firefly have had the courtesy of calling me up to tell me that they've cancelled the flight, I guess they could have redeemed themselves. I wonder how many other unfortunate people have booked the flight on the same day as myself, and will be standing there at the counter this weekend, only to be made to feel like fools....


No comments:

Post a Comment