June 5, 2007

Timeout!

Once in a while, its a really good idea to get 'unplugged' and get yourself away from the comp...well...if there's a good reason to do so, that is.

Last weekend, I came over to Penang to kinda help aunt take care of my niece (her babysitter oh 'MC'...hehe)...so dad and I packed a bit of our stuff, I packed my CPU (...bro took PC to repair...sigh)...and the dog..and her cage...and stayed at bro's place.

Sis came over (didn't expect her to camp here too but it was great having her around as well!) and we had a really nice dinner that my sis-in-law tapau-ed earlier. Curry fish head (gosh the curry was to die for) some chicken etcetc and bro tapau-ed fried oyster. Sooo NICE! X3 ...wanna try laksa sumwhere near here since sis says its nice. Hope its as nice as Penang Road's.

Anyways...sis felt guilty for pigging at the dinner table so she asked if we wanna take a stroll along Gurney sidewalk...hell...I didn't expect her to wanna walk the WHOLE STRETCH of it! Otherwise I would have wore sumthing comfier...My poor feet in my flats (cuz that's the only shoe I brought to Penang)...but the long stroll alone wasn't really that bad...

...the shopping next day was. LOL. Girl power. Fury of 'shopping crazed girls' unleashed. Sis treated us to Chilis in G-Hotel (just beside Gurney)...YES Chilis in Penang!! w00t indeed. After that we went Gurney (and she tried on a bunch of clothes)...then lingered off to Padini Concept Store. No luck on that pair of open-toed I wanted. Ah well...'god of shoes' wants me to save up for sumthing else I suppose...hee~ Walked around summore till bro called asking if we wanna head back already or not...haha! Someone can't tahan anymore...sis, aunt and myself still haven't finish lerr!!! But we decided to head back anyways as it was getting pretty late...for the baby.

Walked quite a distance (thanks to kiamsiap bro who parked so far away just to get free parking...grr) and had dinner sumwhere near where he parked. Very nice Singapore Fried Bihun. Must learn. Head back, and bro and dad konked - Proves that guys have low stam in Shopping... XD ...Oh did I mention bro walked all the way back? Cuz sis was playfully threatening to leave him behind and bro just simply waved us off and he walked back himself...haha....but here's the wtf element. He got home first before we did. I blame it on Penang weekend shopping traffic jam.

Pretty proud to say, I didn't get anything. The clothes on sale were either not nice, or if they're nice and have a nice pricetag, you can see thru them. Except another shade from Elianto eyeshadow range - Lavender. Love it. Wonder why I never gotten it last time. Cham la...I was telling to my sister, 1/3 times I pass Elianto, I'll enter the store and browse. 1/3 times that I browse, I'll definitely get myself sumthing. She replied to me "Ya know, 1/3 of the time I pass Elianto, I'll enter but everytime I enter, I'll DEFINATELY get sumthing. Who more cham?" :P

Lingered around and headed back to SP pretty late (or so it felt. Was dead tired when I got home)...practically flung Fifi in when we got home cuz she was acting so awfully bitchy. I wasn't in the mood to play along with her. Took down my stuff from the car. Changed to pajamas. Cleaned up a bit and fainted on bed. W/o the dog. She smelled like some raw vegetable, made me wanna throw up. Woke up next morning and she was on the floor, greeting me. How sweet.

Dad took us all to a new place to have breakfast. Since its in the low-cost area, the food were priced pretty cheap as well but taste good enough to get my picky sister to say "Dad, next time can come back here eat ade". She dragged us to Giant hypermarket later on and bought a bunch of carrots and it only cost her RM2ish...made her go O.O cuz she never expected carrots to be so cheap. Made us carrot juice in the evening. Aunt made chicken porridge for lunch+dinner (gotta try make that back in Mlk) and a very delicious dish of eggplant topped with minced meat and dried shrimp. Lovely. Sis only ate the topping =.=

Next morning I slept in, and sis made pancake. Nice to have her cook once in a while. Pilsburry buttermilk. Must try. Taste so much better than the normal ones. Lunch was sotong in sour-sambal..err...sauce? Taste great. Really, its great to have aunt around (aside from the company to chat with...hee). Went out with my ex-classmate and walked around Central Square (the only daytime hangout-able place in SP). Wish my other classmates gonna have some gathering or sumthing cuz this is one of the only time that we MMUians get to have our (stupidtrimestersystem) break along with their 2 month semester break.

Headed back from mini-outing. Ate dinner. Lazed around living room. Threw things into bag (err..packed) and ran off to Penang...again. Gonna stay till Friday/Sat this time (yay for streamyx..bro's compy back). Mum's coming back from Russia this Fri. Hope she had a great trip.

Glad to be back (on the net)...tho having my siblings around certainly was a very much welcomed change.

No comments:

Post a Comment