February 11, 2007

Maintenance

Tried to pump my bicycle's air at Pet, but end up with a flat tire instead...bleh....

So, I figured its a great opportunity to bring it to the bike uncle near foodcourt there, and ask him to help me fill in air (or check for any leaks), and do some maintenance on my bike.

First he checked my front tire. No leakage but since the tire inside was a patched up one (2nd hand), he adviced to change it cuz its gonna spoil sooner or later...

Then, he noticed that my brakes were a bit 'thin' already (ugh...i almost forgot)...so he helped me change it too...

Then he checked my pedals and says they were wobbly.. (oh YESH....that's the very most irritating problem that I...somehow dunno how to address to him....)...and comments that the ball-bearings inside were prolly damaged...had some trouble removing the pedal-parts...he wanted to show us (on the spot) how damaged those parts were...and true enough...the 'container ring'-thing that were supposed to hold the ball-bearings in place...were crushed apart, being rusty and all...then he showed us how a brand new shiny one should look like.......and....there was no resemblance between the two, honestly.

Since it was gonna take some time to replace that part (and prolly making sure everything else is ok)...he asked us to come back and get it Sunday (but since I'm not gonna be around on Sunday, then Monday it is I guess)...

I had to admit....I especially LOVE it when he brushes lubricant oil over my bike's gear and chain....X3

Can't wait to get it back, tho I bet its gonna be rather pricey...but oh well...dad DID ask me to get it checked some time ago :D


p/s: Cant wait for tmr dearie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment