November 2, 2008

First weekend :P

It's only when you start working that you start REALLY appreciating your weekends. Thank God my office only works 5 day week. Haha!

I got my first paycheck last Friday (wtf so fast rite? Well its only paycheck worth of 4 working days :P but its STILL paycheck!). Mum and dad gave me a fat 'first day of work' ang pau to buy a bit more working clothes....and...they even gave me my monthly allowance (THANK YOU!!!) for November :D So yeah. Happy happy me! :D

So what did I do on my first weekend of my 'working life' ? ...Obviously...SHOPPING LA! Hahahaha!

Made plans with QJ to meet up in Mid Valley...planned to leave earlier but this being the first day in 4 days I haven't had the need to jump out of bed at 7-ish in the morning....I (over)slept till 10-ish...If it wasn't QJ ringing me up....I'd prolly sleep till noon... /sheepish...had light breakfast before I get to MV but by the time I got there I was already starving! So...Carl's Junior for lunch! I had Super Star (i think) and QJ had his favourite: Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Sandwich (too bad no porky bacon..haha!)....I know I know I should have ordered Portobello Mushroom Burger...well I WOULD if I have plenty of money to throw! Besides...just had that last week... :P

After lunch, we went walking around a bit before I dragged him into a series of shops........... :P .....I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend who actually doesn't mind me dragging him to all these clothing shops all the time...and not to mention very helpful in fashion opinions too (I can see him sniggering at the corner there reading this line....yes sayang and for that I thank you... :3)....

Got myself another pair of skirt and 2 more tops. They didn't have the shade of brown I wanted for my pants (either that or the rack is full of size S =.= )....so after what seemed like forever...I was done with my shopping for today....and we head off to Big Apple for tea...(coffee actually...and donuts :P )...resting the poor feet.....then lepak abit around Gardens....and head to the ATM....yeah I was dry XD ....by that time it was around 5 and we both have our own dinner plans. I was supposed to meet up with my sis around 5.30pm and him back home for dinner...

5 hours zoomed by so quickly (ok maybe not so much for the times QJ had to wait for me to try out the clothes...sorry! >.< ). But felt so happy... :3 Next week: Lepak+Quantum of Solace! :D

So...on with dinner on my part... :D Sis and I met up with her friends, Ken and Josephine at Old Town, Jaya One. Had dinner...chatted awhile...and head off to PJEFC, just around the corner of the area. What were we doing there? Actually at the point of time, I had no idea. I just didn't feel like alone at home with the possibility of having sucky net and not able to chat/surf properly anyway...

Turns out, there was a play going on at the place. "Crazy little thing called love" -
collection of sketches pertaining to the themes of love, courtship, marriage and family relationships (description taken from their site), a play by Footstool Players . I really really enjoyed the show :D It was funny at parts, touching at some, and some parts really just made me cry. Thing is, some parts of the story really so reflect ourselves...so yeah.... Good job, Footstool Players.

Ok here's a lil free pimping for them (because they're just that darn good). Apparantly they've been doing quite a number of free performances for the past 2 months (on weekends) and today (Sunday) will be the last free performance they're having...here's the details:-

2 November 2008
Petaling Jaya Gospel Hall, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
8:00 pm
1A Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya
Tel: 7781-2327; Website: www.pjgh.net

Not to worry if you can't make it. After this, they will be performing at KLPAC. Much better sound and lighting at RM30 per person, but RM20 for students, senior citizens and disabled. Details as follows:-

Performing Arts Centre (KLPac) Pentas 2
6-16 November 2008
Thu-Sat 8:30 pm
Sat-Sun 3:00 pm
Mon-Wed (no show)

Tickets: RM30 adults | RM20 students, senior citizens and disabled

Tickets available at KLPac Box Office Tel 03 4047 9000 or Actors Studio @ Bangsar Shopping Center Tel 03 2094 9400

Click here for map to KLPac.

So if you have nothing to do on those days and wouldn't mind spending 20/30 bucks...do go watch it. It's really good. It's not exactly just a lover's film or anything, more like Love in general...so bring ur family along :D

No comments:

Post a Comment