November 5, 2007

No one...

No one, absolutely no one who lives less than 2-3 hours away from home, can ever EVER understand the feelings of a person who lives 7-8 hours away from home...the feeling that you can't easily go back when you want to during weekends, can only go home twice (or 3 times max) per sem...and that when you forget something, it means you'll be seeing it only after 2-3 months (unless dad is generous with PosLaju)....

After 3 years+ here, I still can't adapt to the 'leaving home' feeling. Say what you want, I just can't. The comfort I'm leaving behind (actual space to walk around home, wonderful beds and warm shower! omg TV! getting food w/o having to travel...or cook..going Tesco whenever I want, my car...gawd), and just having people called 'family' around..even if you don't talk to as much as you do to friends, they give you a feeling of warmth and comfort. A dog who will greet you every morning (or noon) when you wake up, who tries to climb onto you (she's that small) whenever she gets the chance to. An aunt who cooks wonderful dishes and shares cooking secrets, as well as girly and everyday life gossips...whom I can poke and joke and slap her behind when she's not noticing (and curse when I hit her keys in the pocket instead)....Mum and Dad whom, I'd want to spend as much time as possible with these days...and siblings who are so annoying sometimes but...well...its still very nice being around them.

That all being said, I wonder how you ppl from East Malaysia (or worse, overseas) take it? Ppl I know like Kai...who didn't even go back for CNY last year...geh...U have my respects.

Sigh. 2 months. I'll be back...hopefully (if miracles happen) for Christmas.

p/s: Everytime I travel on a bus, I get lonely, and I look upon the stars. Do you know how pretty the skies can be when you're travelling at night along the North-South Highway? If you do have a chance to travel after sundown, take a moment and look up the skies (when there's no streetlamps around, of course)...its just so pretty. I saw Orion's Belt, hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment