June 12, 2008

Mashing potatoes

After trying out the mashed potato recipe in one of my recent post, this is what I have to say...

1. Try only half of the recipe...heck just make quarter of it if you're making it for 2 ppl or something. I only made half recipe and my family cant finish it! (tho my family's not exactly fond of western food..haha)

2. Its a lil watery when you mix the milk/cream/butter into the mashed potatoes...but it'll thicken up after awhile.

3. I used about 100g butter for 500g potatoes....and it was so....creamy-buttery! It kinda scares me to see the amount of butter I'm using just for one recipe (about half a block) so....I guess you can minimize the butter if you wanna watch your diet.

4. I think I'm gonna freeze the leftovers. Don't think can finish... hee ^^;

5. It was kinda hard pressing the mash through the sieve. I did this after adding butter and milk/cream so it was kinda messy....prolly gonna try doing it before i mix them together...but it was worth it. Nice texture. I used pink potatoes because Tesco ran out of American potatoes...I think I'll try with the latter next time.

6. All that aside...it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment