March 9, 2008

The People have Spoken

(according to official, and some unofficial reports.....)

BN lost Kelantan. Penang. Kedah. And it is reported, Selangor and Perak too.

Dr Kor Tsu Koon and Samy Vellu lost their seats. BN STILL won by simple majority, but apparantly (according to unofficial reports as of 2.22am) they were denied 2/3 majority.

This came as a shock to BN. According to MalaysiaKini, Umno leaders are currently in an emergency meeting held at Umno HQ in PWTC.

I have wanted to see this happen but I was still surprised and shocked when I read the reports. It is actually happening! Years ago, I would never have imagined that Kedah will fall to the opposition. Tho I have my fears then, but from my POV as a child, BN was still too strong to be shaken off its grasp of the state. Now, Kedah has gone to the hands of PAS-PKR opposition side. I still have my fears, but my mind tells me to give them a chance...we do not know yet how they'll fare.

What will happen to Malaysia in this 4 years to come, only time will tell.

The people of Malaysia have spoken. Perhaps its time for the ruling party to stop and listen and act as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment