May 2, 2009

Day out

Or rather...a few hours out of the house...but it made my day. I don't go out much these days cuz my housemate that has car doesn't like to go out unnecessarily (meaning if it doesnt kill him, he won't go out of the house) and his car is kinda jinxed so I don't wanna borrow his car. My other friends who like to go out and have a car...well...heh...Lets just say I'm not the first (or second or third and prolly not even last) thing that pops up in their mind when an outing is called. Whatever. I save money this way.

So this weekend QJ went KL for his magic thing again. Lotsa money at stake so I hope he does well.  :D The rest of my housemates are back at their own home so I have the house to myself. I'm done with all my assignments and FYP presentation so all that's left is 2 lab reports to passup next week....so boredom kicked in. Grey's Anatomy was still downloading and Hell's Kitchen's torrent was just released. Weather's too hot to be wanting to do anything else so I just watched mythbusters and....tido. Thankfully it wasn't hot enough to give me a headache. Woke up seeing the weather outside slightly gloomy (it will NEVER rain eventho it looks cloudy...its like the weather's so hot, it dries up all the rain that's gonna fall - QJ said that and I couldn't agree more)...and I was still bored....so I went showered, got changed and cycled to Jusco. That RM80 I spent for my 2nd hand bike about 4 years ago was probably one of the best RM80 I've ever spent. Having a bike's awesome, if you don't have a car.

Every cashier counter I passed, there's at least 10 people in line. Recession certainly isn't in our Malaysian vocabulary. Saw Mother's Day card and thought of buying one...but know for sure it's gonna be kemek if I put them together in my bag with the groceries later...besides its kinda expensive and I think I can pull of something decent with photoshop (and prolly wun be so freakin bored tmr) so I didn't buy them. The clothes this time around were...decent. Nothing worth spending money on while I'm on a tight budget (at least until mum banks in..haha!). 

Maybelline had a few new items on their shelf since the last time I checked. There's the mineral foundation in liquid tube form. I like how it blends really well on my skin (but I don't think I'll be buying any foundation for now...at least until I finish my 2 way cake foundation, since I've still got a jar of mousse foundation I bought from Metrojaya's warehouse sale last time. Was at half price, such a steal!) There's also a new mineral blusher that I oh so love! The color's really warm and peachy on my skin that I can't help keep staring at the tester on my hand after I've left the counter. Definatly gonna stash it when I see it on discount... XD It's RM35.90 in loose powder form, and comes with their own small mineral brush...which is cool since I don't have to buy a brush just because I wanna try out mineral. They also have normal blusher in palatte form but although its has a nice peachy shade (warmer than the mineral one) but it's got shimmer and I find the color's harder to come off the palatte and onto my skin compared to the loose powder mineral ones...so its either Maybelline's mineral blusher or Majorlica's blusher (but I'm already so gaga at the mineral blusher! LOL) Okay enough bout makeups :P

Headed down to grocery section and to my delight, they have puff pastry! That means I don't have to go over to Cold Storage to get them and then run back to Jusco to finish my shopping. One thing about these shopping centers, they should train the cashiers to be eco-friendly, not only promote it to their customers. I mean....every single time I tell the cashiers I don't want plastic (cuz I brought my bag to fill them)...they WILL without a doubt give me a weird look. OK maybe at first they didn't see that I wanna stash them in my backpack and thought I'm gonna stack them up and carry all those stuff with my hands only but still...Even TESCO's casheirs, they can't help giving me too many plastic bags! Drop a few items in, open new bag....drop a few more, open new bag....doh~ So much for eco-friendly bags. I know I know TESCO plastic bags make perfect rubbish bags but....meh.

Finished my shopping, grabbed a sausage bun, and headed home. Sky was still gloomy, which was perfect since I'm cycling home. Dropped the groceries, stocked up the fridge, then went cook dinner: Fried rice with shitake mushroom and chinese sausage and soup on the side. Dinner+Grey's Anatomy=nice way to end a (boring) day

No comments:

Post a Comment